November 6, 2008

Last night I dreamed that the farmer left me in charge of the farm. She asked me to halter break the two calves while she was gone. I was all over it. I knitted up two halters out of straw, put them on the calves, and tied them to sturdy posts on the fence line. They became my two children, my current two human children, and I fed them buckets of loam, sand, and worms. Their halters turned into bonnets. I found them very easy to train.

This is open to interpretation. But I'm thinking my next job will be Rancher. When I need to soothe myself, waste some time, or get a question answered I peruse the forum Keeping A Family Cow. Last night before bed I was on the forum when someone posted this picture of their sweet newborn baby calf. Can you even STAND the thought of life without one of these? I need one. I must have one. What is it? A Wookie? A bear? A Muppet? A child of mine own heart?

5 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Oh, how precious! So cute.

Sarah said...

Good lord, that's a cute animal!

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes that's a crazy looking beastie!

Melanie Dane Mom said...

Awwwwwwww.
Goat, schmoat, I think I want a cow!

Anonymous said...

OMG you make me laugh! I have told you, I wait a few days to read your blog, bc then I have lots of inspiring, funny, somber, thoughtful stuff to read! You are absolutely hilarious, and YES, I need one!

Xenia