October 25, 2007

I was pressured pretty hard to put Henry in speech therapy when he was little. I refused.

At one he said "Oh Boo Mama" Love You Mama
At two he said "Jzebu meme" Watermelon
At three he said "hatichie dance" and no one ever knew what he meant but he was dancing so hard he didn't care
At four anyone who tried hard and was patient could get the gist.
At five his nose was in a book anyway.
At six he lost his teeth. He had to work REALLY hard to say anything at all.
At seven he could speak with reasonable dignity to the Queen.

2 comments:

Wendy Kagan said...

I'm so sad that my girl doesn't say "speggy" for "spaghetti" anymore, or "froggy" for "strawberry." Whenever she succeeds in saying a word properly I get this bittersweet feeling. She does still say "coca dots" for "polka dots," so I get to enjoy that for a little while.

Good for you for skipping the speech therapist. What a waste of time that would have been. Why must we rush our little ones?

I'm enjoying catching up on your blog. Such great posts, as usual!

K said...

Oh that reminds me that Riley used to say (not that long ago) check a dot for gingham. I loved checkadot. Thanks!