October 26, 2007

I've noticed a funny, and surely meaningless though no less pleasing, simpatico with my blogging friends around the world. For instance, I was on the phone with Poppins in Canada yesterday. Today we both woke up with a sore throat, as if we are in the same play group.

I guess we are all moms of a similar mind and therefor running similar households. So when two are both thinking of writing a book, or kids in different states are both obsessed with the same out of date and now obscure music, it isn't that much of a surprise. Or different households can both relate to septic issues from either side of the country. Or we all share textbook woes or reading struggles concerning our children. It is all to be expected I guess. But it is pleasant company all the same. I feel familiar with women homeschooling all over the country and in several parts of the world. How Cool Is That? I Love Blogging!

Get well soon Poppins. I was up at four this morning with my daughter and her cough. I ended up in bed with her. On my side with one arm over my head, her snuggled into my chest, my other arm draped over her. She was tucked under my chin. I lay there in the dark remembering allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those days and nights of nursing. I am so grateful that is over. And sad too. On many levels. Nursing was such good medicine for them in moments like that. As long as they could nurse, you couldn't get too worried about the cough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon to you, too! I'm far worse today, barely swallowing, but I'm choosing to look on the bright side and think that if it has to get worse before it gets better at least it's really getting on with it, lol.

Poppins

Fourmother said...

I hope you two feel better soon. I think Holly's got the flu, too.

Katherine, I've tagged you for a meme and you're now a Wonder Woman. See Wonder