January 17, 2011

I left the milking parlor this morning thinking that love matters so much to cows. I believe they know the difference between love and not love. Milking is personal. And maybe what we call emotion is all a byproduct of hormones. Be that as it may, hormones exist and elicit and return love; its what I believe they are made to do - or the physical side of the phenomenon. And milking is all about oxytocin.

Last week was hard. On both me and Little Red. Things were said and done we both regret. But nothing got better until I brought less fear and more love to the milking parlor. Now its better everyday.  I was thinking this is the perfect milking song. I sang it all morning as I milked.

1 comment:

Cecelia (CC) said...

"And maybe what we call emotion is all a byproduct of hormones..."

Oh YES! Sure have felt this. Gotta say, feels true to me.