May 12, 2010

Perfectionism is such a hidden drain.  (Ironic, I know.  Perfectionists do get a lot done.  But a lot of what?)  Perfectionism in any form comes back to Ego and judgment. If we can think of perfectionism as a form of greed, I'm reminded of Joni Mitchell's lyrics. "Greed is the unraveling and it undoes all the joy that could be."

If its not our job, here, to feed our egos making ourselves comfortable.  What is our job?  To learn how to love, I hope.  Which could be done in any school room, for sure.  Can you imagine the curriculum of love?  What would that look like?

2 comments:

val said...

It would involve a lot of listening, I think. And then some thinking. And probably milking a cow or playing with the dog...cooking a meal, amusing a baby... I suspect it would look very ordinary, and yet that's the beauty part. love, V

Cecelia (CC) said...

seems like everywhere I turn I hear teachers, and they come in all species and sizes. Love. That's a Big One!