November 29, 2007

Apparently I am still blogging. Apparently the whole world loves lolcats. I thought my husband was just weird, but no, its the whole world. Have you seen lolcats?

This morning as I was making breakfast = whole wheat, oat, prune, and chocolate scones made with cream and eggs served with fresh milk and Clementines. The children and the cat got into their own live lolcats type shindig. Can you tell what's happening. It involves a crochet string. (Ry just learned how to crochet.)
And since we are talking about lolcats and food, I am going to do something I thought I would NEVER do. I am going to post a recipe. It comes from, A Taste Of Georgia, which was published by the Newnan Junior Service League in 1977 and it is A WINNER! A direct unfailing hit. Seriously. If I need to make something real and honest that will actually get people fed, and deliciously, or if I need a good recipe for, say, Pumpkin Bread I don't go to the Joy of Cooking. Now The Joy is good. If you need to know something truly esoteric, such as why Vietnamese cinnamon is better than Indian, The Joy, is your bible. But if you want to feed your people and you are sick to tears of thumbing through instructions on how to turn 1/16th cup of canola oil and 2 pounds of uncracked grain into pumpkin bread, A Taste Of Georgia, will not let you down. It also gives you interesting points to ponders such as "Men love this!" and "good for bridge club dessert." We are talking about southern food here. You have to take the whole package - and God love it. So, check out this sumptuous little trick. Apparently it "Tastes like crab!" which I do not doubt. Cheese Puffs
oven: Broil 2 minutes Yield: 40 servings (maybe, if you are me, it yields about 2 servings.)
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2 tablespoons onion, finely grated
2 teaspoons prepared hot mustard
40 toast rounds
Mix the first 4 ingredients. Using 1 heaping teaspoon per round, spread mixture on 40 toast rounds. Be careful to spread mixture to very edge of each round. Just before serving, broil puffs 6 inches from heat for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments: