November 9, 2010

What to serve for breakfast when you're out of milk?  Pumpkin Cakes, which I just invented and are worth repeating.  They are hearty, filling, healthy, and the kids liked them.

Preheat griddle
Mix in a large bowl:
2 eggs
1 can of pumpkin
1/2 cup oil (olive works, coconut is nice, or melted butter)

Mix in a small bowl then add to the larger bowl:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbs. cinnamon
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt

This is a thick batter.  You fry big scoops, flattened out to 1/2 inch, on a medium griddle with lots of butter, flipping once.  I put a lid on the pan while the first side cooked.  Serve with butter and a pot of hot mint tea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM...thanks. -Debbie

K said...

Debbie, I've never had someone try a recipe I invented. Let me know how it goes, if you get around to making them. :o)