August 29, 2008

I only have time for a quick check in. We began the morning by finding some heifers loose on our Road, belonging to our farmer but pastured on a different farm. We fetched Mr. Green (nice name for a farmer) and rustled those doggies back to their pasture.

Then on to our farm. We loaded Raspberry, took her to the vet and had her wormed, vaccinated, and polled (dehorned.) We brought her back home and situated her in a temporary stall. WE GOT SOME PATS AND SOME KISSES! Imagine going through so much and still having such a sweet temper - I am taking notes. Then we quickly helped Mr. Green move a swarm of bees. And now we're home for lunch. Then off with another homeschooled kid for a swim. Whew!

Until tomorrow, when I hope to have a story about bottle feeding Raspberry along with new pictures. You can call me cow girl....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! It sounds like the relationship is going to be a very enriching one for everyone!

MOM #1 said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Fourmother said...

Oh boy! I'm tired just reading about your day. I just barely managed to get a shower, so I'm taking notes from you.

candyn said...

Oh, she sounds so sweet. I also can't wait to see pictures :)